- Hapag-Lloyd with significantly higher operating result in 2017
- Hapag-Lloyd achieved a significantly higher operating result (EBIT) for the full year 2017. Based on the preliminary unaudited figures, earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) climbed up to EUR 1,055 million (2016: EUR 607 million) and the operating result before interest and taxes (EBIT) increased significantly to EUR 411 million (2016: EUR 126 million) in 2017.
- MOL Introduces Cutting-edge Stowage Planning System for Car Carriers
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Junichiro Ikeda) has introduced an upgraded stowage planning system for car carriers called ”MOL-CAPS”. The MOL-CAPS system generates a voyage-by-voyage stowage plan that determines where to stow specific vehicles in consideration of different factors, such as the onboard structure, the type of vehicles being transported, and calling ports.
- Evergreen Launches New Electronic Documentation Function
- Evergreen, in line with its avowed mission to deliver the highest standards of customer service through continual improvement, has introduced two new Intelligent Services - the intelligent i-B/L (Bill of Lading) and i-Dispatch, a solution that delivers documents associated with such transactions.
These new services, provided in partnership with Bolero International, will lower shippers’ costs while making data transfer more accurate, ...
- CMA CGM unveils its customer centricity strategy, a core priority of the Group’s development
- Customer experience management has become a strategic necessity to satisfy customer demands, deliver consistent and rewarding service, and ultimately strengthen customer relationships. On the occasion of the 18th TPM Annual Conference currently taking place in Long Beach, California, the CMA CGM Group, a world leader in maritime transport, unveils its customer centricity strategy to create the customer experience of tomo...
- APL Injects X Factor In Trans-Pacific Portfolio With Eagle Express X Service
- APL today announced the launch of the Eagle Express X (EXX) service, a new weekly China - US West Coast ocean freight product. Boasting X Factor when it comes to speed of delivery, the EXX service promises a hassle-free customer experience, an expeditious 11-day transit from Shanghai to Los Angeles; as well as swift cargo discharge with next day availability at an off-dock facility.
“APL’s new EX...
- 8000 new containers in Hamburg Sud colors
- More than 8,000 brand new containers with the distinctive red exterior paint and white lettering Hamburg Sud have been delivered by the container factory of Maersk Container Industry (MCI) in the Chinese city of Dongguan. The 40’ high cube standard Hamburg Sud containers which have been built since mid-January are coated with a special water-based, environmentally friendly paint.
The batch of new boxes is one part o...
- The CMA CGM Group to set up a multi-temperature logistics facility
- CMA CGM, a world leader in maritime transport, is to take a long-term lease and invest in a build-to-suit, multi-temperature warehouse facility at DP World London Gateway Logistics Park.
The CMA CGM Group will occupy, through its international freight forwarding and logistics solutions subsidiary, a one hectare cold store facility within a 2.4 hectare logistics plot development on the River Thames and located clos...
- Partners start financing waste-to-chemistry project in Rotterdam
- A consortium of companies comprising Air Liquide, AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals, Enerkem and the Port of Rotterdam Authority has signed a development agreement for the initial investments in an advanced waste-to-chemistry plant in Rotterdam.
The aim is that this will be the first plant of this type in Europe to offer a sustainable alternative for waste incineration, by converting plastic and mixed waste into new raw materia...
- Port of Tacoma leases former Kaiser site to WWL for auto processing facility
- The lease includes 90 acres at the former Kaiser Aluminum smelter site in Tacoma, and is estimated to create more than 100 new jobs in addition to the 61 already associated with WWL when the facility is operational, estimated by the end of 2018.
The Port of Tacoma commissioners approved a 30-year lease last week with Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) to develop an auto processing facility on the former Ka...
- Ship, grind and press - ceramics in the making
- Panalpina Energy and Project Solutions did it again with another #MajorMove. This time by handling two port-to-door shipments for one of Brazil’s leading ceramics makers with an output of over 30 million square meters of tiles per year. The tiles are produced for a global market and used in architecture and interior design.
The move included ocean and overland transportation of an industrial mill and a hydraulic press fro...
많이 본 기사
- 최상위권 선사들 해운시장 장악력 더욱 커진다부산신항 다목적부두 피더부두로 전환…BPA가 직접운영기획/ 조선시장 올해 생존키워드는 ‘선가인상’롯데글로벌로지스, 무보증사채 ‘A-(안정적)’대한해운, 현대중공업에 초대형유조선 2척 발주삼성重, 첫 국산 화물창 탑재 LNG선 SK해운에 인도UPS코리아, 박효종 신임 사장 선임대만 양밍해운, 일본-동남아시아 항로 내달 개설선주협회, 초중고생 해운교육 로드맵 개발엠티엘, 아세안-中청두-유럽 잇는 첫 국제철송 ‘성공적’
- 여수해수청, 통합 Port-MIS 설명회 개최BDI 1169포인트…수프라막스, 대서양 수역서도 상승세BDI 1169포인트…파나막스 약보합세 지속대우조선해양, LNG선 덕에 허리 편다IPA, 인천항 원양항로 확대위해 에버그린에 포트 세일즈한진, 정기 임원 승진 인사 단행공공목적 긴급 상황 시 드론 비행 허용된다이스타항공, 2018 상반기 사원 공개 채용인텔리안테크놀로지스, 해상 위성통신 최고 속도 '안테나' 론칭 군산해수청, 봄철 해상교통 안전대책 수립