- Hapag-Lloyd holds naming ceremony for second 10500 TEU ship
- Hapag-Lloyd held the naming ceremony for the “Cartagena Express” today at the Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries shipyard in Samho, South Korea. The patron is Mrs. Wen Qian Lou, the wife of Mr. Sam Zhang, CEO of the Delfin Group, a large Chinese sea freight forwarder specializing in Asia-South America business.
“With the ‘Cartagena Express’, yet another state-of-the-art ship of our 10500 TEU...
- Signing of MOU between COSCO SHIPPING Ports and CMA Terminals Holding
- On 20 January, COSCO SHIPPING Ports signed a memorandum of understanding (“MOU”) with CMA Terminals Holding in Shanghai. The two parties have agreed to seek cooperation in ports worldwide and preference will be given to ports that the Ocean Alliance calls. Meanwhile, both sides have also agreed to provide support in terms of business and service to the ports that the other side has already invested.
- MSC proud to be sponsor for africa ceo forum
- MSC is to be an official sponsor of the 2017 Africa CEO Forum, which takes place in Geneva for two days this March.
The prestigious event is now in its fifth year, and is designed as a significant platform for leaders from across the world to discuss the African private sector, and the country’s wider economical issues and opportunities.
MSC is proud to have added its name to the list of global corporations wh...
- NWSA 2016 container volumes reach 3.6 million, highest level since 2007
- In 2016, The Northwest Seaport Alliance handled 3,615,752 TEUs (20-foot equivalent units) for the year, an increase of more than 2 percent from 2015 volumes.
Full imports for the year were up 6 percent to 1,391,590 TEUs and full exports increased 13 percent to 984,274 TEUs.
Domestic volumes saw a slight dip in 2016 as Alaska struggled with a decline in oil- and gas-related project activity due to low co...
- CMA CGM strengthens its offer between Asia and the East Coast of South America
- CMA CGM, a leading worldwide shipping group, is pleased to announce the launching of upgraded SEAS1 and SEAS2 services.
The group will thus provide two departures per week between Asia and the East Coast of South America, one of the best offers on the market. They will offer optimum port coverage across Asia (Northern, Central and Southern Chinan and South Korea and South East Asia) and South ...
- Hapag-Lloyd launches notes offering
- Hapag-Lloyd AG, a leading global container shipping company, today launched a euro bond offering with a volume of EUR 150 million and a maturity of five years. Part of the proceeds, initially amounting to USD 50 million converted (approx. EUR 47 million), will be used for the early redemption of US dollar notes due in autumn 2017.
The US dollar notes originally had a volume of USD 250 million, half of whic...
- Strong finish and records for Hactl in 2016
- Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd (Hactl) - Hong Kong’s largest cargo handling independent - enjoyed a strong finish to 2016, beating 2015 tonnages by 1.7% and setting new terminal and ramp handling records.
Total tonnage for 2016 was 1,653,938, up 1.7% on 2015. Strongest performance was on transshipments, which were up a massive 29.6% on 2015. Mail, courier and other express traffic meanwhile grew 8.4...
- MSC crew rescue stranded surfer
- The crew of an MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company vessel have today been responsible for a dramatic rescue in New South Wales, Australia.
A stranded surfer - who is believed to have survived a night at sea - was spotted by the crew on board MSC Damla early on Friday morning, several miles from shore. Within minutes of the initial sighting, MSC’s team had informed Port Kembla Harbour Control that they...
- IRISL and Kazakhstan to Establish a Joint Company
The chief executive officers of Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) and Kazakhstan’s KTZ Express - a subsidiary of the country’s national railways company- signed an agreement for establishing a joint company.
On the sideline of Iran‘s president visit to Kazakhstan, an agreement for establishing a joint compan...
- Kuehne + Nagel supports Carcano Antonio to increase operational efficiency
- In its two production plants in Delebio and Mandello, Carcano Antonio applies a fully integrated and traceable production process, from the raw material to the finished products. In order to simplify the current logistics model and to increase operational efficiency, Kuehne + Nagel has implemented a standardised operational approach across Carcano’s entire logistics operations.
Within the partnership, the logistics provider is resp...