- Hapag-Lloyd and Kuehne+Nagel Agree to 17 Percent CO₂ Reduction by 2020
- Hapag-Lloyd and Kuehne+Nagel have committed themselves to significantly reduce carbon dioxide emissions in their common container-transport activities. The Carbon and Sustainability Pact that both companies concluded in the last few days calls for a 17 percent reduction in CO2 emissions per container moved by Hapag-Lloyd by 2020 compared to 2017.
The agreement between the largest seafreight logistics company and one...
- DHL Simplifies Air freight Quotations and Bookings
- DHL Global Forwarding, the air and ocean freight specialist of Deutsche Post DHL Group, has introduced a new Online Freight Quotation & Booking service for international air freight transportation. The new service rapidly creates competitive customer quotations based on door-to-door all-in rates and transit information.
The quotation and booking service connects to DHL Interactive, DHL Global Forwarding‘s online...
- Strategic Agreement between Total and CMA CGM on Liquefied Natural Gas Fuel Supply
- Total and CMA CGM have signed an agreement covering the supply of around 300,000 tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) a year for 10 years starting in 2020. This unprecedented volume in the history of LNG bunker will fuel CMA CGM‘s nine newbuild container ships, scheduled for delivery beginning 2020 onwards.
CMA CGM, the first shipping company in the world to equip its giant container ships (capacit...
- Yang Ming Announces the Completion of Rights Offering
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. (YM) announces today that it has completed the rights offering by issuing 500 million new shares at premium of NTD$12 per share, and accumulated total amount of NTD 6 billion.
The company began to float new shares in the public sector in September 2017. Besides the original shareholders, it was open to ordinary investors, including insurance institutions, and container stevedoring an...
- Maersk Line Appoints New Leadership in North America
- Maersk Line, the world’s largest container shipping company, announces the appointment of Omar Shamsie as the new president of Maersk Line in North America effective December 1st, 2017. His most recent position was president of Maersk Line Latin America & the Caribbean and before that president of Maersk Line Canada.
Mr. Shamsie’s rich background also includes director and vice president positions throu...
- The NYK Group Teams with J-ENG to Improve Ship Engine Maintenance
- Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha, MTI Co., Ltd., and Japan Engine Corporation have seen progress in their joint research to improve safety and optimize maintenance for marine engines.
The three companies began their research in December 2016 with the aim to pursue further safety and economic efficiency by taking advantage of operational big data resulting from collaborative work among engine manufacturers and users.
- Board Of Harbor Commissioners Approves In Community Grant Disbursements
- The Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners has approved $435,289 in Harbor Community Benefit Foundation (HCBF) grants that will fund 10 community projects in San Pedro and Wilmington, and a noise assessment study in San Pedro. The community projects totaled $330,019 and focus on environmental capital improvements, educational programs, and health and safety initiatives.
Another $105,270 will fund a second...
- NWSA Container Volumes See 4 Percent Increase Through October
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s total year-to-date container volumes through October are up 4 percent.
Year-to-date import volumes increased 2 percent to 1,256,714 TEUs (20-foot equivalent units). Meanwhile, exports were up 10 percent at 1,200,018 TEUs. Total international container volume, including empties increased 6 percent year to date to 2,456,732 TEUs. YTD international volumes are currently trending to...
- APL Named Best Green Shipping Line by HAROPA
- APL has received the ‘Best Green Shipping Line’ award from HAROPA, the French port of Le Havre on 13 November 2017. APL’s third consecutive win since 2014, the achievement marks an acknowledgement of APL’s exemplary environmental performance in reducing air emissions beyond the standards set by the International Maritime Organization.
Nicolas Sartini, APL Chief Executive Officer said, “...
- ZIM‘s Groundbreaking Blockchain-Based Bill of Lading
- The new solution allows the secure exchange of original documents on the blockchain. The first pilot of paperless Bills-of-Lading based on blockchain technology was completed in cooperation with Sparx Logistics and Wave Ltd. The pioneering pilot, first of its kind led by an ocean carrier, was concluded successfully.
During the trial all participants issued, transferred and received original electronic documents using the Wave ...
많이 본 기사
- ‘자동차·유류 떠난다’ 화물철도 찬바람시선/ 물류분야 4차산업혁명, 제도가 성패 가른다기획/ 한중카페리, 사드 해빙효과 기대 ‘시기상조’“OOG화물 주인공, 나야 나”BDI 1668포인트…1주일만에 1700대 붕괴한국선박해양, 흥아해운등 선박매입 '560억 공급'동방그룹, 김형곤 회장 승진인사BDI 1730포인트…케이프선 하락 전환佛 CMA CGM, 메르코수르 인수 매듭대만 정부, 양밍해운 지분 45%로 늘려
- 한샘, 물류사업 분할…한샘로지스 신설선박 대기오염 대응 정부주도 민관협의체 구성KIFFA, 제12기 청년취업아카데미 입교식 치러동남아의 관문, 태국 램차방항우리나라 무역 1조弗 3년만에 재진입중국 상하이 양산항 4단계 자동화터미널 개장목포해수청, 관내 항만시설 내진보강 추진세계 최대 무인컨테이너터미널 상하이에 개장인천항 빅데이터 활용 사업모델 가시화더파머스, 새벽배송 '물류대행' 본격화