- Rodolphe Saade accelerates the transformation of the CMA CGM Group
Upon the release of the 2018 financial results, Rodolphe Saade, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the CMA CGM Group, stated: “In 2018, in a difficult environment, the Group posted a sharp rise in volumes and a record revenue of nearly USD 23.5 billion. Despite an increase in oil prices, our recurring EBIT...
- CEVA Logistics expands global partnership with IKEA
CEVA Logistics and IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings retailer, have celebrated the opening of a new Customer Distribution Center (CDC) at Staten Island on the US east coast.
Under a five-year deal to provide warehouse management and fulfilment services, CEVA will manage the 975,000 sq ft (906,000 sq m)...
- Asia Pacific Airlines Traffic Results
- Preliminary traffic figures for the month of January released today by the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA) showed robust growth in international air passenger demand.
However, international air cargo markets weakened further, with global new export orders contracting on the back of slowing demand for foreign goods. Overall, the region‘s airlines carried a combined 32.2 million international passengers in January, 8.0...
- Port of Hamburg sets record for seaport-hinterland rail traffic
- Handling 135.1 million tons of seaborne cargoes (down one percent), Germany’s largest universal port can report a respectable result for 2018. Hamburg successfully asserted itself in a difficult environment, achieving a distinct advance on railborne seaport-hinterland transport.
In 2018, this category accounted for totals of 46.8 million tons - up 2.7 percent - and 2.44 million TEU - up 4.7 percent. More than 60,000 cargo tr...
- Wilhelmsen and Hitachi High-Tech partnership delivers convenient IMO 2020 compliance
- Signing a supply agreement with Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science (Hitachi High-Tech), Wilhelmsen will supply Hitachi High-Tech’s industry-leading handheld XRF analysers to the maritime market, enabling vessel crews to accurately and efficiently test the sulphur content of their fuel, on the spot.
With the International Maritime Organisation’s 0.50% global sulphur cap on marine fuels set to come into force on 1...
- Port of Los angeles Starts 2019 with 852,449TEUs, Busiest january ever
- The Port of Los Angeles processed 852,449 Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units (TEUs) in January, the busiest January in the port’s 112-year history. The volumes represent a 5.4 percent jump over last January and marks the seventh consecutive month the Port has handled more than 800,000 TEUs.
”These robust volumes reflect the pre-Lunar New Year surge of cargo, continued tariff-related inventory advances and stron...
- Hamburg Sud presents Remote Container Management
- Hamburg Sud will be presenting its future use of Remote Container Management (RCM) in Berlin during the upcoming Fruit Logistica, the world’s most important trade fair for fresh produce, including fruit and vegetables. In recent months, all the reefer containers used by Hamburg Sud have been outfitted with RCM technology.
Using satellite and mobile radio technology, RCM makes it possible to monitor the refrigerated ...
- Etihad Airways Engineering to expand MRO services globally
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Airways Engineering, the largest commercial aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services provider in the Middle East, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with TARMAC Aerosave, an industrial group specialising in aircraft maintenance, storage and recycling and owned jointly by Airbus, Safran and Suez.
The MoU paves the way for the two companies...
- Hapag-Lloyd first in world to convert large container ship to LNG
- Hapag-Lloyd will retrofit its 15,000TEU ship “Sajir” to operate using liquified natural gas (LNG). In future, the engine system will be able to function using either of two types of fuel: LNG or low-sulphur fuel oil (LSFO). The contract for the retrofitting was signed at the end of last week with Hudong ZHONGHUA Shipbuilding (Group) Co., LTD.
The conversion will be carried out in the Shanghai-based...
- Ocean Network Express CEO Meets with Thai Deputy Minister of Transportation
Mr. Jeremy Nixon, CEO of Ocean Network Express (ONE), recently visited Thailand on 16 January 2019 as part of a tour to meet with the local ONE Thai office in Bangkok where a town hall meeting was held with all employees. Mr. Nixon also met with customers, freight forwarders and other local companies as well as pay...
많이 본 기사
- 기획/ 한중카페리 여객서 웃고 화물서 울고BDI 677포인트…파나막스 8일만에 반등머스크라인, 신조 2200TEU급 컨선 13척 용선석도국제훼리, 6월말 두번째 신조선 투입한진칼, 정기주주총회 29일 개최조선기자재업계 "현대重 대우조선 인수후 거래선 유지해야“BDI 730포인트…케이프, 태평양 수역서 강세 이어져논단/ 항해용선계약(Voyage Charterparty)의 법적 성질, 효력과 법률관계인천항 사일로 슈퍼그래픽, 獨 디자인 본상 수상"베테랑의 의미가 점점 달라지고 있다"
- 필리핀 마닐라항 적체 해결에 민·관 모두 팔 걷었다수산자원관리공단 노조, 상임이사 채용 의혹 제기터키항공, 새로운 허브 '이스탄불공항'으로 둥지 이전대우조선해양, 소난골 드릴선 1척 인도…4600억 확보중국 칭다오항 10만t급 선석 추가건설국토교통부, 물류분쟁 해소 위한 '물류신고센터' 시범운영[표] 주간 중고선 가격동향시황부진에 케이프사이즈 계선 출현대우조선해양, 인하대와 극한기술 공동연구 추진[표] 주간 중고선 가격지수