- Imperial Logistics Holds First Ever SAFETY WEEK for Barge Crews
- Imperial Logistics has held its first ever SAFETY WEEK, as the latest element in its ongoing SAFETY TAKES US HOME campaign - which seeks to raise safety awareness and strengthen safety culture among the crews of its major barge operations in Europe and South America.
The first SAFETY WEEK was timed to coincide with “World Safety Day”, which took place on April 28th. In Eu...
- APL Adds Honolulu To Eagle Express X Service
- APL, part of the CMA CGM Group, today announced the addition of Honolulu as a port of call to its Eagle Express X (EXX) service. Directly connecting Central China, Korea and Japan to Hawaii, the fortnightly call to Honolulu on the EXX service marks APL’s commitment to the Hawaiian market where its APL-owned office will render strong local expertise and dedicated customer support.
- Agility Reports Earnings Increase of 7.3% for First Quarter2019
- Agility, a leading global logistics provider, today reported first quarter earnings of KD 20.3 million, or 12.2 fils per share, an increase of 7.3% from Q1 2018 (Excluding IFRS-16 Impact it will be an increase of 10.2%).
First-quarter revenue was KD 378.8 million, and EBITDA was KD 46.3 million, increases of 1.9% and 22.8%, respectively. Excluding IFRS16 impact, Agility GIL reported Q1 EBITD...
- Orient Overseas International Limited Announces The Sale of Long Beach Container Terminal
- Orient Overseas (International) Limited and Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (“MIP”) today announced that OOIL‘s wholly-owned subsidiaries, OOCL LLC and Long Beach Container Terminal, Inc., have entered into a Sale and Purchase Agreement to sell 100% of LBCT LLC to a consortium led by MIP, for US$1.78 billion. LBCT LLC operates the Long Beach Container Terminal (“LBCT”) ...
- MSC Further Supports Preservation of Marine Environment by Joining NAMEPA
- MSC Group is proud to be a new member of the North American Marine Environment Protection Association (NAMEPA), which works to preserve the marine environment by promoting sustainable maritime industry best practices and educating the public.
MSC is committed to promoting a sustainable business model, remaining true to its roots and its core family values. Regardless of the challenges and transformation we might f...
- Agility India Earns Prestigious CEIV Pharma Certification
- Agility, a leading global logistics provider, has been awarded the IATA’s Centre of Excellence for Independent Validators (CEIV) certification for pharmaceutical logistics for its Mumbai, India operations.
The certification, by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), demonstrates Agility’s ability to ensure the integrity of pharmaceutical products throughout the supply chain, and to manage high-value, temperature-s...
- NWSA Handles Record-Breaking International Container Volumes In First quarter
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance handled a record-breaking 775,522 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) for total international container volumes in the first quarter of 2019, a 12 percent increase over the same period last year. Total volumes from January through March equaled 932,288 TEUs and are up 11.1 percent, the second-highest first-quarter performance ever.
Total container volumes for March reached 336,828 T...
- New Representative at Hamburg’s Chinese Liaison Office
- There was a change of responsibility at the Port of Hamburg Marketing Representative Office in Shanghai. The previous manager, Lars Anke left the Office at his own request to dedicate himself to a new challenge in Hamburg’s port economy.
From this point in time the new head is the previous deputy of the Representative Office Pan Hua. The position as deputy head has been taken on by Michael Wunderlich. Ha...
- ZIM Joins TradeLens to Drive Transparency in Global Shipping
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services announced today that it has signed on as a member of TradeLens, a blockchain-enabled digital shipping solution jointly developed by A.P. Moller - Maersk (MAERSKb.CO) and IBM (NYSE: IBM).
TradeLens uses blockchain technology to enable trust between multiple trading partners - from carriers to freight forwarders, customs officials, port authorities and more -- when transacting in...
- CEVA Logistics renews contract with FCA until 2022
- CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s leading supply chain management companies, is further consolidating its partnership with Fiat Chrysler Automotive (FCA) in Brazil by renewing its existing business partnership with the awarding of additional four and a half year contract. The partnership between CEVA and FCA has stretched across 21 years and includes aftermarket operations to service more than 500 Fiat dealers ...