- MOL Group to Adopt Fully Electronic Controlled Main Engine Equipped
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that its group company, Mitsui O.S.K. Kinkai, Ltd. (President: Kenichi Nagata; headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo) will use a main engine equipped with the MAN Diesel & Turbo SE (MDT)-developed ”common rail fuel injection system” on a newbuilding vessel. Shop test of the main engine was completed on January 29 and the vessel is slated for launching in 201...
- Panalpina reports record year in Air Freight
- International freight forwarding and logistics company Panalpina ended the year 2017 with strong Air Freight volumes and margins, while in the fourth quarter margin pressure continued to impact the financial results in Ocean Freight.
For the full year, Panalpina’s reported EBIT increased from CHF 82.0 million (adjusted for restructuring costs 2016: CHF 109.9 million) to CHF 103.3 million and the reported consolida...
- Optimal transportation chain from door to door
- Intermodal transportation goes beyond the mere maritime transportation by developing an optimal door-to-door transportation chain and organizing the appropriate modes of transportation for this worldwide. So-called pre- and on-carriage will continue to be part of the specific services offered by Hamburg Sud in the future.
Hamburg Sud disposes of a particularly efficient and unique network for door-to-door transportation in Central and S...
- CMA CGM pursues its development strategy and once again delivers strong operating results
In 2017, CMA CGM carried nearly 19 million containers, a strong increase of +21.1% compared to 2016. This increase is driven by the contributions of all the shipping lines operated by the Group in addition to APL’s full-year contribution.
Significant increase in transported volumes and revenue
This strong momentum ...
- Hapag-Lloyd with significantly higher operating result in 2017
- Hapag-Lloyd achieved a significantly higher operating result (EBIT) for the full year 2017. Based on the preliminary unaudited figures, earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) climbed up to EUR 1,055 million (2016: EUR 607 million) and the operating result before interest and taxes (EBIT) increased significantly to EUR 411 million (2016: EUR 126 million) in 2017.
- MOL Introduces Cutting-edge Stowage Planning System for Car Carriers
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Junichiro Ikeda) has introduced an upgraded stowage planning system for car carriers called ”MOL-CAPS”. The MOL-CAPS system generates a voyage-by-voyage stowage plan that determines where to stow specific vehicles in consideration of different factors, such as the onboard structure, the type of vehicles being transported, and calling ports.
- Evergreen Launches New Electronic Documentation Function
- Evergreen, in line with its avowed mission to deliver the highest standards of customer service through continual improvement, has introduced two new Intelligent Services - the intelligent i-B/L (Bill of Lading) and i-Dispatch, a solution that delivers documents associated with such transactions.
These new services, provided in partnership with Bolero International, will lower shippers’ costs while making data transfer more accurate, ...
- CMA CGM unveils its customer centricity strategy, a core priority of the Group’s development
- Customer experience management has become a strategic necessity to satisfy customer demands, deliver consistent and rewarding service, and ultimately strengthen customer relationships. On the occasion of the 18th TPM Annual Conference currently taking place in Long Beach, California, the CMA CGM Group, a world leader in maritime transport, unveils its customer centricity strategy to create the customer experience of tomo...
- The CMA CGM Group to set up a multi-temperature logistics facility
- CMA CGM, a world leader in maritime transport, is to take a long-term lease and invest in a build-to-suit, multi-temperature warehouse facility at DP World London Gateway Logistics Park.
The CMA CGM Group will occupy, through its international freight forwarding and logistics solutions subsidiary, a one hectare cold store facility within a 2.4 hectare logistics plot development on the River Thames and located clos...
- 8000 new containers in Hamburg Sud colors
- More than 8,000 brand new containers with the distinctive red exterior paint and white lettering Hamburg Sud have been delivered by the container factory of Maersk Container Industry (MCI) in the Chinese city of Dongguan. The 40’ high cube standard Hamburg Sud containers which have been built since mid-January are coated with a special water-based, environmentally friendly paint.
The batch of new boxes is one part o...