- The CMA CGM Group to set up a multi-temperature logistics facility
- CMA CGM, a world leader in maritime transport, is to take a long-term lease and invest in a build-to-suit, multi-temperature warehouse facility at DP World London Gateway Logistics Park.
The CMA CGM Group will occupy, through its international freight forwarding and logistics solutions subsidiary, a one hectare cold store facility within a 2.4 hectare logistics plot development on the River Thames and located clos...
- APL Injects X Factor In Trans-Pacific Portfolio With Eagle Express X Service
- APL today announced the launch of the Eagle Express X (EXX) service, a new weekly China - US West Coast ocean freight product. Boasting X Factor when it comes to speed of delivery, the EXX service promises a hassle-free customer experience, an expeditious 11-day transit from Shanghai to Los Angeles; as well as swift cargo discharge with next day availability at an off-dock facility.
“APL’s new EX...
- Partners start financing waste-to-chemistry project in Rotterdam
- A consortium of companies comprising Air Liquide, AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals, Enerkem and the Port of Rotterdam Authority has signed a development agreement for the initial investments in an advanced waste-to-chemistry plant in Rotterdam.
The aim is that this will be the first plant of this type in Europe to offer a sustainable alternative for waste incineration, by converting plastic and mixed waste into new raw materia...
- Ship, grind and press - ceramics in the making
- Panalpina Energy and Project Solutions did it again with another #MajorMove. This time by handling two port-to-door shipments for one of Brazil’s leading ceramics makers with an output of over 30 million square meters of tiles per year. The tiles are produced for a global market and used in architecture and interior design.
The move included ocean and overland transportation of an industrial mill and a hydraulic press fro...
- Port of Tacoma leases former Kaiser site to WWL for auto processing facility
- The lease includes 90 acres at the former Kaiser Aluminum smelter site in Tacoma, and is estimated to create more than 100 new jobs in addition to the 61 already associated with WWL when the facility is operational, estimated by the end of 2018.
The Port of Tacoma commissioners approved a 30-year lease last week with Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) to develop an auto processing facility on the former Ka...
- Agility is First Forwarder to Work with Maersk IBM on Blockchain Solution
- Agility, a leading global logistics provider, is the first freight forwarder to collaborate on a Maersk-IBM solution to provide more efficient and secure methods for conducting global trade by using blockchain technology to manage and track container shipments.
Agility has agreed to identify events associated with individual shipments and to share and receive information about them via the distributed ledger blockchain technology dev...
- Panalpina and e-commerce disruption in perishables
- Highlighting a 42-ton, 10-flight shipment of frozen guacamole completed in record time, an Air Cargo World feature on forwarders and e-commerce in perishables saw Panalpina’s Colin Wells and Quint Wilken elaborate on the state of the sector.
Answering whether Amazon would not be a factor, Wells, global head of perishables at Panalpina said that “as we stand at the moment, Amazon has had very little impact. The pe...
- Hapag-Lloyd opens office in Ghana
- On February 1, 2018, Hapag-Lloyd moved into its own new office in Tema, the most important port city in Ghana. Effective immediately, the company will be represented at the local level by its own customer service staff.
“Africa is strongly developing just now. To benefit from this growth, it’s important for us to strengthen our presence in Ghana with our own office and to get even closer to our local customers,” said ...
- DB Schenker Fully Prepared for PyeongChang Olympics
- By the time that athletes from Team Germany and the German Paralympic team start competing for Olympic and Paralympic medals in PyeongChang in South Korea on February 9, the logistics experts at DB Schenker will have completed their sterling preparatory work for the tournaments.
It will be thanks to them that some 5,000 kilograms of clothes and all manner of sports gear, from little pucks to long racing skis, are rea...
- CEVA opens a new multiuser warehouse in Spain
- CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s largest supply chain management companies, has opened a new multiuser warehouse in central Spain. The new site is located at Alovera, an industrial area, 50 km north east of Madrid. The facilities comprise 16,300 sqm, in total with 400 sqm office facilities, and almost 16,000 sqm of warehousing space, and will eventually contain the operations of several customers.
Expert teams, experien...