- New Wallenius Wilhelmsen group brands - building for the future
- The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group was created in April last year, when Wallenius of Sweden and Wilhelmsen of Norway combined ownership of their jointly owned companies and relevant assets. The company is now launching new brands in line with its new structure and strategy.
The former operating entity Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) has been restructured into two entities; one ocean transport company named Wallen...
- New Digital Platform for Rate-Management Solutions
- Hapag-Lloyd is the first liner shipping company to make it possible to digitally transfer contract data for its customers. To do so, Hapag-Lloyd has teamed up with the US-based company CargoSphere, which offers rate-management solutions to over 100 customers.
The new platform, known as the electronic Smart Upload and Diagnostics Solution (eSUDS), is a cloud-based online portal. At the customer’s request, Hapag-Llo...
- MOL Group to Adopt Fully Electronic Controlled Main Engine Equipped
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that its group company, Mitsui O.S.K. Kinkai, Ltd. (President: Kenichi Nagata; headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo) will use a main engine equipped with the MAN Diesel & Turbo SE (MDT)-developed ”common rail fuel injection system” on a newbuilding vessel. Shop test of the main engine was completed on January 29 and the vessel is slated for launching in 201...
- Panalpina reports record year in Air Freight
- International freight forwarding and logistics company Panalpina ended the year 2017 with strong Air Freight volumes and margins, while in the fourth quarter margin pressure continued to impact the financial results in Ocean Freight.
For the full year, Panalpina’s reported EBIT increased from CHF 82.0 million (adjusted for restructuring costs 2016: CHF 109.9 million) to CHF 103.3 million and the reported consolida...
- Optimal transportation chain from door to door
- Intermodal transportation goes beyond the mere maritime transportation by developing an optimal door-to-door transportation chain and organizing the appropriate modes of transportation for this worldwide. So-called pre- and on-carriage will continue to be part of the specific services offered by Hamburg Sud in the future.
Hamburg Sud disposes of a particularly efficient and unique network for door-to-door transportation in Central and S...
- CMA CGM pursues its development strategy and once again delivers strong operating results
In 2017, CMA CGM carried nearly 19 million containers, a strong increase of +21.1% compared to 2016. This increase is driven by the contributions of all the shipping lines operated by the Group in addition to APL’s full-year contribution.
Significant increase in transported volumes and revenue
This strong momentum ...
- Hapag-Lloyd with significantly higher operating result in 2017
- Hapag-Lloyd achieved a significantly higher operating result (EBIT) for the full year 2017. Based on the preliminary unaudited figures, earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) climbed up to EUR 1,055 million (2016: EUR 607 million) and the operating result before interest and taxes (EBIT) increased significantly to EUR 411 million (2016: EUR 126 million) in 2017.
- MOL Introduces Cutting-edge Stowage Planning System for Car Carriers
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Junichiro Ikeda) has introduced an upgraded stowage planning system for car carriers called ”MOL-CAPS”. The MOL-CAPS system generates a voyage-by-voyage stowage plan that determines where to stow specific vehicles in consideration of different factors, such as the onboard structure, the type of vehicles being transported, and calling ports.
- Evergreen Launches New Electronic Documentation Function
- Evergreen, in line with its avowed mission to deliver the highest standards of customer service through continual improvement, has introduced two new Intelligent Services - the intelligent i-B/L (Bill of Lading) and i-Dispatch, a solution that delivers documents associated with such transactions.
These new services, provided in partnership with Bolero International, will lower shippers’ costs while making data transfer more accurate, ...
- CMA CGM unveils its customer centricity strategy, a core priority of the Group’s development
- Customer experience management has become a strategic necessity to satisfy customer demands, deliver consistent and rewarding service, and ultimately strengthen customer relationships. On the occasion of the 18th TPM Annual Conference currently taking place in Long Beach, California, the CMA CGM Group, a world leader in maritime transport, unveils its customer centricity strategy to create the customer experience of tomo...