- Neptune and C-Job Complete the EuroHopper 200 Project
- Neptune Marine together with C-Job Naval Architects has successfully designed and delivered a 200m³ Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger (TSHD), the EuroHopper 200.
Representing a new design for the yard’s portfolio, the vessel’s engineering package was a collaborative effort between the two companies.
“After receiving an initial 3D design from Neptune, we started with the naval architecture, various arrangeme...
- Port of Seattle Commission becomes first U.S. port with 10 year goal
- The Port of Seattle Commission became the first United States airport operator to set a specific timetable and goals for reducing the use of fossil fuels and transitioning all airlines at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to commercially competitive sustainable aviation fuels. In a motion, the Commission called for a minimum of 10 percent of available jet fuel to be produced locally from sustainable sources within ten years, inc...
- MOL Assisted to Realize the Best Wishes of Surf
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced the shipment of 121 surfboards to South Africa under the ”Surf for Smile” Project, and a ceremony to mark the delivery of the boards was held in Durban on December 7.
The ”Surf for Smile” Project is a grassroots movement that donates surfboards to the non-governmental organization ”Surfers Not Street Children” from the Ichinomiya-cho Surfing Bus...
- OOCL advances forward with next phase of OCEAN Alliance products
- Following the success of the Day One products introduced earlier this year, OOCL is very pleased to announce the forthcoming launch of the second phase of the OCEAN Alliance products in April 2018, an improved suite of products providing industry-leading services to customers.
The emphasis on quality services has long been the hallmark of the OOCL brand. Since the inauguration of our services in April 2017...
- MOL Jointly Develops Voyage Information Display System
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced an agreement with Furuno Electric Co., Ltd. and MOL Techno-Trade, Ltd. to jointly develop a system that supports ship operation during voyages using augmented reality (AR) technology.
In this project, information, such as other ships sailing around the vessel and landmarks like buoys at sea, can be shown on tablets and other displays, based on data from the Automat...
- Msc Celebrates New Cruise Ship in Miami
- MSC Seaside, the 14th addition to the MSC Cruises fleet, was officially named by international screen legend Sophia Loren in a spectacular evening at PortMiami that highlighted the strength and diversity of the MSC Group of companies.
To watch the naming ceremony from Miami, please go to the MSC Cruises webpage. In keeping with tradition, Sophia Loren broke a bottle of champagne over the bow of the ship,...
- APL Receives Silver Sustainability Rating from EcoVadis
- APL has been awarded the silver rating for its 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility performance by EcoVadis, a trusted name that provides supplier sustainability ratings for global supply chains. As the rating places APL among the top 30 percent of companies evaluated, it acknowledges APL’s continual sustainability achievements since earning a bronze rating for the same assessment in 2015.
Nicolas Sartini, APL...
- Panalpina expands Perishables Network into Belgium
- International freight forwarding and logistics company Panalpina is to acquire the Belgian companies Adelantex and AD Handling, specialized in the handling of perishables imports in Brussels, Liege and Ostend. The move follows similar acquisitions in Germany and the Netherlands earlier this year. This latest transaction involving Belgium’s market leader will further strengthen the Panalpina Perishables Network in Europe ...
- New LNG Carrier for KEPCO Named ‘LNG Sakura’
- Today, a naming ceremony was held at the Sakaide shipyard of Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. for a new liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier that NYK and Kansai Electric Power Co. Inc. (KEPCO; head office: Osaka; president and director: Shigeki Iwane) will jointly own. At the ceremony, the ship was named “LNG Sakura” by Mr. Iwane of KEPCO, and the ceremonial rope holding the vessel in place was cu...
- APL Enhances India Pakistan-Mediterranean Express Service
- APL today announced the addition of three new port calls to its weekly India Pakistan-Mediterranean Express Service (IPM). The new ports are Hamad and Aqaba in the Middle East, as well as Hazira in India. In addition, the IPM service will call Jebel Ali instead of Khor Fakkan on the new rotation.
The IPM service enhancement represents APL‘s continued effort in widening its presence in the Middle Eas...