- APL Enhances India Pakistan-Mediterranean Express Service
- APL today announced the addition of three new port calls to its weekly India Pakistan-Mediterranean Express Service (IPM). The new ports are Hamad and Aqaba in the Middle East, as well as Hazira in India. In addition, the IPM service will call Jebel Ali instead of Khor Fakkan on the new rotation.
The IPM service enhancement represents APL‘s continued effort in widening its presence in the Middle Eas...
- NWSA Container Volumes See 2 percent Increase through November
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s total year-to-date container volumes through November are up 2 percent, echoing the trend we saw over the last few months. Year-to-date import volumes increased 1 percent to 1,380,445TEUs (20-foot equivalent units). Meanwhile, exports were up 8 percent at 1,320,534TEUs. Total international container volume, including empties, increased 4 percent year to date to 2,700,979TEUs. Year-t...
- Kuehne+Nagel Opens Regional Integrated Logistics Control Centre in Shanghai
- The Logistics Control Centre (LCC) in Shanghai provides a wide range of managed services addressing the fulfilment of customers’ orders across international supply chains. In order to simplify complexity and to meet customers’ requirements for lean and demand-driven supply chains, dedicated teams handle contract and transportation management including logistics partner management in a shared environment. In addition, customer da...
- Port of Seattle Purchases Salmon Bay Marina
- The Port of Seattle Commission voted to purchase Salmon Bay Marina, located on the Ship Canal adjacent to the Port’s Fishermen’s Terminal facility. The five acre property contains five docks supporting 166 slips measuring 6,547 lineal feet of moorage on freshwater. The purchase price was $15,679,120.
“The purchase of Salmon Bay Marina is a step toward fulfilling our Century Agenda goal to double the...
- Demonstration Test of Blockchain Technology in Cross-Border Trade Operations
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, The Japan Research Institute, Limited, Mitsui & Co., Ltd., Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd., Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited and IBM Japan, Ltd. have agreed to start a demonstration test in December 2017 to verify the applicability of blockchain technology as a way to streamline and upgrade cross-border trade operations. In the demonstration ...
- Hapag-Lloyd and Kuehne+Nagel Agree to 17 Percent CO₂ Reduction by 2020
- Hapag-Lloyd and Kuehne+Nagel have committed themselves to significantly reduce carbon dioxide emissions in their common container-transport activities. The Carbon and Sustainability Pact that both companies concluded in the last few days calls for a 17 percent reduction in CO2 emissions per container moved by Hapag-Lloyd by 2020 compared to 2017.
The agreement between the largest seafreight logistics company and one...
- Strategic Agreement between Total and CMA CGM on Liquefied Natural Gas Fuel Supply
- Total and CMA CGM have signed an agreement covering the supply of around 300,000 tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) a year for 10 years starting in 2020. This unprecedented volume in the history of LNG bunker will fuel CMA CGM‘s nine newbuild container ships, scheduled for delivery beginning 2020 onwards.
CMA CGM, the first shipping company in the world to equip its giant container ships (capacit...
- DHL Simplifies Air freight Quotations and Bookings
- DHL Global Forwarding, the air and ocean freight specialist of Deutsche Post DHL Group, has introduced a new Online Freight Quotation & Booking service for international air freight transportation. The new service rapidly creates competitive customer quotations based on door-to-door all-in rates and transit information.
The quotation and booking service connects to DHL Interactive, DHL Global Forwarding‘s online...
- The NYK Group Teams with J-ENG to Improve Ship Engine Maintenance
- Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha, MTI Co., Ltd., and Japan Engine Corporation have seen progress in their joint research to improve safety and optimize maintenance for marine engines.
The three companies began their research in December 2016 with the aim to pursue further safety and economic efficiency by taking advantage of operational big data resulting from collaborative work among engine manufacturers and users.
- Maersk Line Appoints New Leadership in North America
- Maersk Line, the world’s largest container shipping company, announces the appointment of Omar Shamsie as the new president of Maersk Line in North America effective December 1st, 2017. His most recent position was president of Maersk Line Latin America & the Caribbean and before that president of Maersk Line Canada.
Mr. Shamsie’s rich background also includes director and vice president positions throu...