- NWSA Container Volumes See 4 Percent Increase Through October
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s total year-to-date container volumes through October are up 4 percent.
Year-to-date import volumes increased 2 percent to 1,256,714 TEUs (20-foot equivalent units). Meanwhile, exports were up 10 percent at 1,200,018 TEUs. Total international container volume, including empties increased 6 percent year to date to 2,456,732 TEUs. YTD international volumes are currently trending to...
- Board Of Harbor Commissioners Approves In Community Grant Disbursements
- The Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners has approved $435,289 in Harbor Community Benefit Foundation (HCBF) grants that will fund 10 community projects in San Pedro and Wilmington, and a noise assessment study in San Pedro. The community projects totaled $330,019 and focus on environmental capital improvements, educational programs, and health and safety initiatives.
Another $105,270 will fund a second...
- ZIM‘s Groundbreaking Blockchain-Based Bill of Lading
- The new solution allows the secure exchange of original documents on the blockchain. The first pilot of paperless Bills-of-Lading based on blockchain technology was completed in cooperation with Sparx Logistics and Wave Ltd. The pioneering pilot, first of its kind led by an ocean carrier, was concluded successfully.
During the trial all participants issued, transferred and received original electronic documents using the Wave ...
- APL Named Best Green Shipping Line by HAROPA
- APL has received the ‘Best Green Shipping Line’ award from HAROPA, the French port of Le Havre on 13 November 2017. APL’s third consecutive win since 2014, the achievement marks an acknowledgement of APL’s exemplary environmental performance in reducing air emissions beyond the standards set by the International Maritime Organization.
Nicolas Sartini, APL Chief Executive Officer said, “...
- APL Enhances Intra-Asia Coverage with Three New China-Philippines Services
- APL today announced the launch of three new weekly services that will enhance its coverage between South China and the Philippines. These offerings are namely the China-Philippines Loop 1 (CP1), China-Philippines Loop 2 (CP2) and China-Philippines Loop 3 (CP3) services.
The services will be synonymous with the best-in-class transit time. A 2-day transit is all it takes to move a cargo from Shekou to Man...
- WinGD X-DF Engines Power CMA CGM’s Record Containerships
- As the latest high point in an unbroken run of prestige contracts for its low-speed X-DF dual-fuel engines with low-pressure gas admission, Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd (WinGD) is pleased to announce that French shipping line CMA CGM, based in Marseille, has chosen WinGD’s largest, 92 cm bore, dual-fuel low-speed engine to power what are presently the largest containerships ever ordered.
The 12-cylinder X9...
- American Airlines Cargo Transports China’s Summer Palace Treasures
- American Airlines Cargo was honored to successfully transport more than six tons of China’s national treasures from Beijing to Los Angeles in order to bring selections from the Summer Palace Museum to the United States for the first time.
In conjunction with the Bowers Museum, one of Orange County’s finest and largest museums, American worked closely with museum curators to bring important selections from the lif...
- More space for more opportunities in Prague
- Panalpina has grown fast in Czechia the last few years. To keep pace with demand, the company decided to consolidate its three warehouses into one facility of almost 7000 m2 within the modern logistics center in Pavlov (Panattoni Park Prague Airport II), close to Vaclav Havel Airport Prague. Moving to this strategic location allows Panalpina to distribute shipments to customers across Europe and the globe more efficientl...
- MOL and China COSCO Shipping Jointly Own 4 LNG Carriers for Russia Yamal LNG Project
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that China COSCO Shipping Corporation Limited will take an equity stake in the MOL wholly owned subsidiary that will own four LNG carriers serving the Russia Yamal LNG project. The ownership will be split 50%-50% between MOL and China COSCO Shipping.
MOL has already signed long-term charter contracts for the four LNG carriers thr...
- Agility Reports 17% Q3 Earnings Increase
- Agility, a leading global logistics provider, today reported third quarter earnings of 14.2 fils per share on net profit of KD 17.8 million, an increase of 18.1% and 17.4% respectively over the same period in 2016. Agility EBITDA grew 18.3% to KD 34.2 million. Revenue increased 15% to KD 358.5 million. Through the first nine months, earnings were 39.1 fils per share, up 14.2%, and net profit was KD 4...