- Msc Signs Buckingham Palace Declaration Against Wildlife Trafficking
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A., a leading global transportation company, confirmed a pledge to combat illegal wildlife trafficking by signing the Buckingham Palace Declaration at a ceremony in London with HRH Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge.
“As a responsible, sustainable company, MSC is proud to be a signatory to the Buckingham Palace Declaration. We play an active role in the crackdown ...
- ZIM Carried a special of Geothermal Power Plant unit for Ormat Technologies
- Out of the box: Out of the box: ZIM Carried a special of Geothermal Power Plant unit for Ormat Technologies ZIM LUANDA, operating on ZIM Container Service Atlantic (ZCA), carried a special consignment of parts for a geothermal power plant for Ormat Technologies ltd. The units, each 21 Meters long and weighing 27 Tons, were handled by ZIM’s special cargo experts team.
The shipment arrived at ...
- MOL Develops Mariner Safety Education Tool Using VR Goggles
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Junichiro Ikeda) today announced that it has developed a mariner safety education tool goggle, which uses virtual reality (VR) technology created by Tsumiki Seisaku Co., Ltd. (President: Taro Kido, Headquarters: Sumida-ku, Tokyo).
The tool relies on VR technology to replicate various training scenarios and work operations, until now a difficult task, offeri...
- Port of Antwerp Shows Excellent Report after Nine Months
- The freight volume handled by the port of Antwerp continues to expand. After nine months the total this year stands at 167.1 million tonnes, an increase of 3.3% compared with the same period last year.
Strong growth has been recorded in practically all sectors up until the end of September: containers are up by 3.7% in tonnage (to 91.9 million tonnes), liquid bulk such as oil derivatives is up by 2.4% (to 54.4 million ...
- Crowley and Air Menzies International partner to benefit customers
- Crowley Logistics has formed a new reciprocal service partnership with Air Menzies International (AMI), the world’s leading trade-only airfreight wholesaler, that will enhance both companies’ offerings to their respective customers.
Under this new agreement, the CrowleyFresh facility in Medley, Fla., will become the centralized consolidation facility for AMI‘s Miami Gateway operation, which provides bi-directional links betwe...
- Container Throughput in Rotterdam Maintains Strong Growth Rate
- The number of containers handled in the port of Rotterdam continues to grow. In the first nine months of 2017, the throughput of containers increased by 10.1 percent compared to the corresponding period in 2016, to a total of 10.2 million units (TEU).
The port’s total throughput in that same period increased by 2 percent. In addition to containers, the key contributors to this overall growth were the agribulk and breakbulk s...
- Kuehne+Nagel Establishes Global Supply Chain Quality Control Solution for JD.com
- TJD.com procures goods from global brands to support the growing demand from Chinese consumers for overseas products. Previously, goods were shipped directly from the brand manufacturers and inspected at destination warehouses in mainland China, but often products arrive damaged, expired or in incorrect quantities.
To address these challenges, Kuehne + Nagel collaborated with JD.com to design a ‘Transfer Centre’ approach ...
- Evergreen Enhances North Europe-Mediterranean Sea Network
- In order to offer an express service on the North Europe - Mediterranean trade, Evergreen is teaming up with COSCO and YML to create a new joint operation, to be branded Europe - Med Express (EMX).
This weekly service will utilize five ships of 4250teu-class; one provided by Evergreen and YML respectively and the remaining three by COSCO. The first sailing is scheduled to depart from Rotterdam on ...
- APL Strengthens Intra-Asia Footprint with New Korea China Straits Service
- APL today announced the launch of a new Korea China Straits (KCS) service that will serve the key Asian markets of China, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. The weekly service will link Nansha in South China to the Straits of Singapore and Port Klang as well as Indonesia; offer superior transit between Indonesia and Manila; and call Lianyungang in Jiangsu where few carriers provide ac...
- Ports to Consider Update to Clean Air Action Plan
- The governing boards of the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles will hold a joint public meeting Nov. 2 to consider approving the San Pedro Bay Ports Clean Air Action Plan (CAAP) 2017 Update, which contains far-reaching strategies to further reduce air emissions and support the state’s vision for more sustainable freight movement.
The meeting will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2 at the Crowne P...