- DHL wins Indian supply chain contract from Becton Dickinson
- DHL Supply Chain, the global market leader for contract logistics solutions, has been awarded the warehousing and distribution contract for select sites of the leading global medical technology company Becton Dickinson (BD) in India.
”We are delighted to be awarded the contract to handle BD‘s warehousing and distribution in India. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, the life sciences and healthcare indus...
- Yang Ming to Launch Korea-Vietnam Service
Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp.(YM) is pleased to announce a new Intra-Asia service KVM(Korea-Vietnam-Malaysia Service) jointly operated by YM and APL Co. Pte Ltd through its CNC brand with effect on February 21st, 2019.
The service will be operated with three 1,800-TEU container vessels, one by YM...
- MOL-operated Car Carrier Grand Orion Makes 1st Call at Port of Sihanoukville
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that on January 23, the MOL-operated car carrier Grand Orion (capacity: 6,400 standard passenger cars) called at the Port of Sihanoukville, Cambodia, and discharged about 12,000 tons of construction machinery.
It was the first call at a Cambodian port by an MOL-operated car carrier. In commemoration of the first call, Grand Orion Capt. Denis C. De la Pena re...
- China Navigation to acquire the bulk shipping activities of Hamburg Sud
- Hamburg Sud and The China Navigation Company (CNCo), a subsidiary of the Swire Group, today announced an agreement for CNCo to acquire the bulk shipping business in Hamburg Sud which includes Rudolf A. Oetker (RAO), Furness Withy Chartering and the bulk activities in Alianca Navegacao (Aliabulk).
The bulk shipping business in Hamburg Sud operates from Hamburg, London, Melbourne and Rio de Janeir...
- NWSA finishes 2018 on strong note
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s total monthly container volumes for December reached 349,055 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs), a 11.6 percent increase over the same month last year.
Total import volumes were up 20.2 percent at 159,550 TEUs, compared to December 2017, as shippers continued to send cargo in anticipation of higher tariffs. Full imports, 138,873 TEUs, set a record for the month of December.
- ONE Achieved Container Loading Records in two Consecutive Weeks
In late December 2018, two vessels operated by Ocean Network Express (ONE), namely < MOL TRUST > and < MOL TRADITION >, set a loading record of 18,694TEU and 18,767TEU respectively.
< MOL TRUST >, which operates in ONE’s “Far East Loop 2 (FE2)” service in THE Alliance...
- B&H Worldwide Establishes Second 24/7 Control tower
- B&H Worldwide, the award-winning aerospace logistics provider, has established a second Control Tower at its climate-controlled facility in Singapore. The Control Tower leverages Singapore’s position as one of the fastest growing aerospace markets in the world, with connectivity across the Far East and Oceania.
Its strategic location within the ALPS Free Trade Zone at Changi Airport provides an innovative and i...
- APL Enhances Condor Express Service
APL today announced that it is adding Guayaquil and Ensenada as ports of call to the Condor Express (CDX) service. With the extension to the port cities of Ecuador and Mexico, exporters from the country will have access to two new load ports for their Asian-bound fruits and perishable goods.
The refined CDX service ...
- Newbuilding LNG Carrier for JERA Named Nohshu Maru
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced the naming of a newbuilding LNG Carrier ordered by a JV of MOL and JERA Co., Inc. (President: Yuji Kakimi; Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo), Trans Pacific Shipping 5 Ltd. (Note 1) Today’s ceremony was held at the Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI; President: Shunichi Miyanaga; Headquarters: Minato...
- Evergreen Opens Four New Offices in Latin America
In view of the growth potential in Latin American trade, Evergreen Line is continuing to establish its own offices at main service locations in the region. The move will strengthen the effectiveness of the line’s operations, improve its capability to react to market opportunities, optimize the efficiency of its network routing and enhance...