- 2M Alliance and ZIM extend strategic cooperation
The 2M Alliance partners Maersk, Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) and ZIM today announced the agreement to extend their strategic cooperation to cover select 2M services also on the Asia-US West Coast and Asia-Mediterranean trade lanes.
Between Asia and the US West Coast, the TP9 service will be op...
- CMA CGM unveils its new unmatched service offer, Ocean Alliance Day 3 Product
The CMA CGM Group, a worldwide leading shipping group, is pleased to announce that Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the CMA CGM Group, signed today with the executives of COSCO SHIPPING, Evergreen and OOCL the launch of Ocean Alliance Day 3 Product, which will ...
- ONE Conducts the First Global Stowage Planning Office Summit
- Ocean Network Express (“ONE”) conducted the first Global Stowage Planning Office (SPO) Summit during 10th and 11th December 2018 in Kumamoto, Japan.
The summit aims to improve stowage planning skills for its internal staff in more safety condition. The SPO that handles stowage planning on container vessels operated by ONE are dotted at several locations in the world.
11 representatives from 7 countrie...
- APM Terminals Pipavav connects to ICD Kanpur via rail
- The new connection, established by CONCOR, gives customers an opportunity to connect to the Gateway Port of Pipavav.
The maiden export train from ICD Kanpur (JRY) to Port Pipavav was aptly named as POLYMER Express as it was carrying 90 TEUs of Polymer for GAIL.
The export loaded train was flagged off by Deputy Commissioner of Customs, Mr. C N Mishra and Mr. Santosh Kumar Singh,...
- Msc and Traxens Launch Iot Pilot Project to Improve Terminal Efficiency
- As announced by Traxens, MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company is cooperating with its partner in a pilot project in Valencia to use an Internet-of-Things (IoT) network to improve the operational efficiency of the port.
MSC is already working with Traxens, which provides data and services for the supply chain industry, on smart container solutions using IoT for customers around the world. The use of such real-time trackin...
- APL Forges Ahead As Intra-Asia Champion Through CNC
- APL today announced the proposed acquisition of the book of business of its sister company Cheng Lie Navigation(CNC).
With this, APL will consolidate all its Intra-Asia business under the CNC brand to be operated from Singapore, retaining both sales networks and all sales channels.
“This strategic move will enable us to become the Intra-Asia Champion with the most comprehensive market connectivity in the Fa...
- ONE Celebrates the Arrival of the Largest Container Vessel in LaemChabang
Ocean Network Express (ONE) held a welcome event on 26 November 2018 to celebrate the maiden call of its ONE COLUMBA vessel at the Thai port of Laem Chabang. The arrival was in fact a significant milestone for the entire maritime trade of Thailand as it marks the largest container vessel ever to call upon the...
- DSV Canada breaks ground on new 1.1 million square foot facility
DSV Canada breaks ground on new 1.1 million square foot facility in Milton, Ontario, scheduled to open fall 2019.
DSV’s new facility will be the future Canadian head office and state-of-the-art logistics complex. The location of DSV Canada’s new head office was marked by the Milton ground-breaking ceremony on 22 N...
- DHL survey finds companies in Asia Pacific place more importance on green transport than other regions
- The latest research report on ground transportation logistics by DHL, the world‘s leading logistics company, has revealed that companies in Asia Pacific place more importance on green transport than other regions do. The global survey found that a whopping 75% of respondents from the region believe electric vehicles will have a significant impact on transport in the next two years, compared to the global average of 53%. T...
- MOL Pledges Assistance in Ocean Transport of Mobile Library Vehicles
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Junichiro Ikeda) today announced that the company assisted the non-profit organization South Africa Primary Education Support Initiative (*) (SAPESI-Japan) with the ocean transport of mobile library vehicles to the Republic of South Africa. This marks the seventh time since 2009 that MOL has contributed to this initiative.
MOL previously transporte...