- ONE Orders 14000units of State-of-the-Art Reefers
- Ocean Network Express Pte. Ltd. (ONE) has made an investment in its reefer business segment with a new order of 14,000 state of the art, advanced generation refrigerated containers(13,000 x 40 foot and 1,000 x 20 foot units).
Of these containers, 2100units will be equipped with the latest Controlled Atmosphere(CA) technology, which further enhances the effective shelf life of fruits and vegetables by significantly slowing d...
- Yang Ming Honored for Providing Excellent Service
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. (Yang Ming), widely recognized as an excellent service provider, was named “Provider of the Year” on 18th July, 2018 by Target Corporation, the second-largest department store retailer and importer of containerized freight in the United States. Yang Ming was also accredited with the “Environmental Ship Index Award 2017” by Marseille Fos Port Authority.
The “Provider ...
- Maersk and IBM Introduce TradeLens Blockchain Shipping Solution
- In a follow up to their January announcement, A.P. Moller-Maersk and IBM today announced the creation of TradeLens, jointly developed by the two companies to apply blockchain to the world‘s global supply chain.
TradeLens is the result of a collaboration agreement between Maersk and IBM, a blockchain-enabled shipping solution designed to promote more efficient and secure global trade, bringing together various parties to...
- Port of Los angeles Announces Commercial Development Opportunity
- The Port of Los Angeles Waterfront Commercial Development Group has released a prospectus on a commercial development opportunity at Cabrillo Way Marina on the LA Waterfront in San Pedro.
Later this year, the Port will release a formal Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and subsequent Request for Proposals (RFP). Cabrillo Way Marina is one of many destinations along the Port‘s visitor-serving LA W...
- K+N further strengthens its globally leading position in Perishables Logistics
- Kuehne + Nagel announced that it has successfully completed the acquisition of the perishables business of Panatlantic Logistics S.A., Ecuador. The company is one of the market leaders in the country in airfreight transportation of perishable products. This acquisition will enable Kuehne + Nagel to strengthen its position in the export market to the United States, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
- CEVA completes $1.4 billion Refinancing
- CEVA Logistics AG (”CEVA”) announces that it has successfully completed its comprehensive refinancing on Friday.
CEVA has raised EUR300 million of 5.25% Senior Secured Notes due 2025, a $475 million Secured Term Loan B due 2025 and a $585 million Senior Revolving Credit and Ancillary Facility due 2023. The Company has achieved attractive terms and was able to upsize the term loan ...
- Japan’s Indigenous Ainu Language Used to Name New Coal Carrier
- A new ship that NYK will own and operate to transport coal for Hokkaido Electric Power Co. Inc. has been named ”Pirika Moshiri Maru.” Honoring the history and culture of Hokkaido’s indigenous Ainu inhabitants, the name of the new ship is derived from the Ainu words ”pirika,” meaning beautiful, and ”moshiri,” meaning earth.
After construction at Oshima Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. is completed in January 2019...
- APL Introduces Weekly Japan Russia Express Service
- APL today unveiled the new Japan Russia Express(JRX) service, the only weekly Japan-Russia ocean freight service to be available in the marketplace.
A jointly operated service with TG FESCO, the JRX service will be characterised by its unparalleled transit times. Russian-destined cargoes from Yokohama to Vostonchny and Vladivostock will be delivered in as soon as seven and nine days respectively.
- Premier Norwegian Cruise line ship headed to port of Los angeles
- Norwegian Cruise Line will bring its nearly 4,000-passenger Norwegian Joy to the Port of Los Angeles starting winter 2019/20 to service the Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal markets.
Built in 2017, Norwegian Joy features a casino and multiple dining options, stunning observation lounges, a two-level go-kart race track, an immersive virtual reality pavilion as well as a quarter-mile oceanfront deck promenade.
The ship is ...
- Delivery of 14,000TEU containership “ONE MINATO”
Ocean Network Express Pte. Ltd. (hereafter called “ONE”) is proud to announce the delivery of ONE MINATO, a 14,000TEU-class magenta coloured containership, at Hiroshima Shipyard of Imabari Shipbuilding Co., Ltd, Japan on July 24, 2018.
The sublet owner is Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. This new ultra-large ...