- MOL Announces Plan for Trial Introduction of Energy-saving Operation Analysis Service
- TOKYO Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced its decision to equip 80 of its operated bulkcarriers with a new service called NAPA Fleet Intelligence with Noon Report (NAPA FI) developed by NAPA Ltd. (President: Ilumo Kuutti; headquarters: Helsinki), a software company that designs vessels and develops operational support systems.
NAPA FI does not require installation of an operational data collect...
- Wan Hai Lines Evolves Fresh Produce Shipping Sector
The 12th Asia Fruit Logistica , being held from September 5 to September 7 at Hong Kong’s Asia World-Expo, offers opportunities for fresh product sectors and related cold chain logistics to make business contacts on site annually for the entire Asian region.
Wan Hai have participated in this event for the fourth consec...
- Newbuilding LNG Carrier for Osaka Gas Named LNG Juno
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that on October 25, a naming ceremony for a newbuilding LNG carrier for Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. (President: Takehiro Honjo; headquarters: Osaka-shi, Osaka), was held at the Nagasaki Shipyard of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI; President: Shunichi Miyanaga; headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo). The vessel was ordered by MOL‘s wholly-owned subsidiary M...
- DB Schenker trains logistics personnel with 3D technology and virtual reality
A team comprised of experts from the Fraunhofer Institute and DB Schenker has developed an innovative employee training program in the team‘s joint Enterprise Lab for Logistics and Digitalization. The program focuses on packaging and order-picking processes and is the first to launch as part of this initiative. The training pro...
- ONE enters bilateral feeder network cooperation with Hapag-Lloyd
- Ocean Network Express and Hapag-Lloyd have concluded a Bilateral Strategic Feeder Network Cooperation Agreement, which has already started on the first trades.
The collaboration is leveraging the unique strengths and competitive advantages of both companies and aims to provide the market with a superior feeder network. Under this strategic cooperation, both companies will share space on their feeder services. Ocean Netw...
- Guillaume Sauzedde appointed Managing Director of CEVA Logistics
- CEVA Logistics has appointed Guillaume Sauzedde as Managing Director of its Central & Eastern Europe cluster. He will be based in Warsaw, Poland and takes up his position on 5 November 2018, reporting directly to CEO, Xavier Urbain.
Sauzedde brings more than 20 years‘ experience across the logistics industry to his new role ? fifteen of which have been spent in Eastern Europe. Prior to joining CEV...
- OOCL Fleet Moves Forward to Meet IMO 2020 Regulation
- Over the years, the industry has seen an increasing amount of attention given to the environmental impact from the global supply chain, resulting in regulations on emissions control and environmental protection becoming more stringent and widespread across the world. May it be in the form of introducing or expanding Emissions Control Areas (ECA) on the regional level, meeting slow steaming requirements during sensitive seasons to ...
- Launch of the new Sunflower Kirishima
TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that the newly built large-scale ferry Sunflower Kirishima operated by its group company Ferry Sunflower Co., Ltd. (President: Atsushi Igaki; Head Office: Oita-shi, Oita Prefecture) was launched on September 15, and with many passengers aboard, departed the Nanko Sunflow...
- NWSA’s container volumes dip in August
- Total monthly container volumes in August 2018 dropped 6.9 percent compared to the same month last year, for a total of 314,321 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs). Contributing factors included weather conditions in Asia, which caused vessel delays and threw ships off schedule.
The Northwest Seaport Alliance import volumes reached 125,385 TEUs, a 2.4 percent decrease compared to August 2017. At 121,853TEU...
- Yang Ming Launches New Container Vessel ‘YM Wellbeing’
YM Wellbeing, a new 14,000 TEU full-container vessel built by Imabari Shipbuilding Co., Ltd., was named at a ceremony held on 18th September, 2018. Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. (Yang Ming) Chairman Bronson Hsieh and his wife Chen Hui-Li were both invited to the naming ceremony; Mrs. Hsieh took on the role...