- President Kennedy Makes Maiden Vessel Call at Yokohama
- On 21 July, APL, together with the Yokohama Port and Habour Bureau and Yokohama-Kawasaki International Port Corporation celebrated the maiden arrival of President Kennedy at the Port of Yokohama.
Deployed for APL’s Eagle Express 1 (EX1) service, President Kennedy is the first of six vessels that were newly-named after former U.S. Presidents to call the Japanese port. Following this, the Yokohama port...
- CEVA Logistics Announces Preliminary Results for Second Quarter 2018
- CEVA Logistics AG, one of the world‘s leading asset-light third-party logistics companies, announced today preliminary results for the second quarter 2018 in the context of its ongoing refinancing. These preliminary results are based on internal management accounts and reflect CEVA‘s preliminary expectations for its results for the period. The preliminary results have not been reviewed or audited by CEVA‘s independ...
- T.S. Lines celebrates 17th anniversary by expanding self-owned fleet
TAIWAN’s T.S Lines with a us$55million net profit in 2017, celebrated its 17th anniversary on July 6 with the acquisition of its own newbuilds.
T.S. Lines chairman T.S. Chen said the company has been expanding its self-owned fleet in the past two years to six ships. With two orders placed at Japan’s Kyokuyo Ship...
- CMA CGM receives regulatory approvals for its investment in CEVA
- CEVA Logistics A.G. (”CEVA”), one of the leading asset-light third-party logistics providers, announces that CMA CGM S.A. (”CMA CGM”) has obtained all regulatory approvals required in connection with its investment in CEVA and will become a regular 24.99% shareholder in CEVA.
CMA CGM, the third largest container shipping group in the world, made a strategic investment in convertible se...
- Kuehne+Nagel strengthens pharma logistics offering in Chile with new Logistics Hub
- As of August 2018, a new Logistics Hub in Santiago de Chile will benefit the growing pharma & healthcare industry in South America with a dedicated warehousing solution.
This provides Kuehne + Nagel’s global KN PharmaChain network, the multi-modal logistics solution for temperature-controlled door-to-door transportation, with an enhanced regional footprint. The new facility further underlines Kuehne + Nagel’s continu...
- DB Schenker is the world‘s first logistics service provider offering 3-D printing solutions
- DB Schenker is the world‘s first logistics service provider offering its customers an extensive 3-D printing service. Customers can now upload the 3-D template via the online portal eSchenker, select materials and color, consult prices, place orders and have the printing delivered. At present, printing includes medical devices made from stainless steel, robot gripper fingers made from plastic, or customized packaging material.
- Kuehne+Nagel further expands its global services for BMW Group
- The long lasting partnership between the BMW Group and Kuehne + Nagel can now count on 14 major locations around the globe with a consolidated presence in China.
Gianfranco Sgro, member of the Managing Board of Kuehne + Nagel International AG, responsible for Contract Logistics: “Focusing on dynamic industries such as automotive is part of our 2022 roadmap. It is our clear goal to further increase our aut...
- DHL eCommerce launches same-day delivery in Thailand
- DHL eCommerce, a division of Deutsche Post DHL Group, today announced the introduction of DHL Parcel Metro in Greater Bangkok. The service uses DHL‘s digital platform to allow Thai online retailers to offer consumers with same-day delivery, real-time tracking and flexible rescheduling of deliveries, whilst keeping last mile delivery affordable and easy for retailers.
Designed for cities and metro areas, DHL P...
- Evergreen Strengthens Asia-East Africa Service
- In order to meet increasing and diverse market demands, Evergreen Line has announced enhancements to its current Asia-East Africa service (AEF) - adding to its direct calls in Central & Southern China.
Five vessels are currently deployed on the AEF service - three operated by Evergreen Line, the remaining two by COSCO and X-Press Feeders. To accommodate the extended service to China, Evergreen Line a...
- CEVA appoints Niels Weithe to head up global eCommerce business
- CEVA Logistics, one of the world‘s largest supply chain management companies, has appointed Niels Weithe to the newly created position of Global head of eCommerce. He will be based in Germany and will report directly to Chief Operating Officer of Contract Logistics, Brett Bissell. He joins CEVA from Arvato where he was President of its consumer products division and led the team which built up Europe‘s ...