- CEVA Logistics teams up with VARIDESK and J.J. Barea Foundation
- As the anniversary of Hurricane Maria is upon us, school is about to start for Puerto Rico‘s 240,000 school-aged children. Many children will be returning to broken desks, mold from still-leaking roofs and walls in desperate need of paint, all of which impact the learning environment.
When Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico in mid-September 2017, there was a massive relief effort to bring life-saving aid to the devastated C...
- Sendo partners with DHL eCommerce for domestic delivery in Vietnam
- DHL eCommerce, a division of the world‘s leading logistics company, Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL), announced its partnership with Sendo, Vietnam‘s #1 local e-commerce platform.
The successful integration between the two companies means sellers on Sendo will now be able to access DHL‘s excellent domestic delivery network, and deliver to their buyers same-day or next-day in Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi and ot...
- Port of Los Angeles Moved 826,638TEUs last month
- The Port of Los Angeles processed 826,638 Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units (TEUs) in August 2018, a 2.5 percent dip compared to August 2017, which was the Port’s busiest August to date. It was the second-strongest August in the Port’s history and the sixth busiest month ever at the Port of Los Angeles.
“In addition to being one of our top 10 busiest months, August marked the inauguration of APL’...
- Kuehne+Nagel deploys blockchain technology for VGM Portal
- Kuehne + Nagel for the first time leverages the benefits of blockchain technology in a large scale operational environment with 800,000 transactions per month while upgrading its well-established VGM Portal. The enhanced solution provides shippers with new features that improve the ease of doing business as well as the degree of transparency on the VGM status of all customer shipments and the history of persisted information...
- Delivery of 14000TEU containership “ONE AQUILA”
Ocean Network Express Pte. Ltd. (“ONE”) is pleased to announce that ONE AQUILA with a carrying capacity of 14,000 TEU, has been successfully delivered at Kure Shipyard of Japan Marine United Corporation.
The sublet owner is Nippon Yusen Kaisha. The vessel, ONE AQUILA, employs a hull form that...
- CEVA Logistics delivers extra functionality to Western Power and signs new five year deal
- CEVA Logistics has successfully implemented its Matrix WMS (warehouse management system) and signed a new five year deal with Western Power, the Western Australian state Government-owned energy provider.
Operating out of their main distribution centre in Jandakot and their regional and metro depots, CEVA Logistics has worked in close partnership with Western Power to develop and support its future supply chain ...
- Kuehne+Nagel establishes one European region
- Under the roof of the region Europe with its head office in Hamburg, Kuehne + Nagel will consolidate the management for all European countries. Dr. Hansjorg Rodi, who has been responsible for the Central and Eastern European region and Managing Director for Germany since October 2016, will lead the region Europe.
The responsibility for running the German organisation will be handed over to Mr. Holger Ketz, cur...
- ZIM Announces a significant upgrade of its independent India-Med Express Line
- ZIM is pleased to announce that starting September, ZIM India-Med Express Line (IMX) will have a new rotation, with significantly faster transit time, making the fastest on the trade.
In order to improve our service to customers and cater for market needs, ZIM will introduce changes to IMX service, as follows: the line will operate 5 vessels, and the round-trip will be shortened to 35 days. The new rotation will commence...
- MOL Signs Technology Consulting Agreement
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that the company has concluded a technology consulting agreement with Professor Tomoharu Nagao of the Yokohama National University(Headquarters: Yokohama, Kanagawa Pref.; President: Yuichi Hasebe) Graduate School of Environment and Information Sciences, who is the creator of the next-generation AI advanced machine learning and the percolative learning method.
- The Investment Corporation of Dubai Announces the Launch of ISS Global Forwarding
- The Investment Corporation of Dubai, the principal investment arm of the Government of Dubai announces the launch of ISS Global Forwarding, a wholly-owned subsidiary focused on supply chain logistics.
The establishment of ISS Global Forwarding is the result of a strategic directive by the Government of Dubai to separate Inchcape Shipping Services Holding Ltd, into two standalone companies with the aim of optimisin...