- Panalpina Digital Hub launched to promote innovation in freight forwarding and logistics
- The international freight forwarding and logistics company Panalpina has launched the Panalpina Digital Hub to embrace new technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain that have the potential to disrupt the business in the coming years.
The new business unit, which reports directly to CEO Stefan Karlen, is to explore innovative technologies, develop new digital solutions for c...
- CMA CGM strengthens its strategy aimed at densifying its regional network
- CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping Group, is pleased to announce the signature of an agreement between CMA CGM and Container Finance Ltd Oy pursuant to which the container shipping and logistics business Containerships (and Container Finance’s holdings in Multi-Link Terminals Ltd and CD Holding Oy) will become part of the CMA CGM Group.
The Finnish company is specialized in t...
- Panalpina is CTPAT re-validated by the US Customs and Border Protection
- The Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism is part of the US Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) multi-layered cargo enforcement strategy. Last month, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) carried out an audit and re-validation of Panalpina’s CTPAT standing as a consolidator and broker.
Many of Panalpina’s customers shipping to or from the US require the CTPAT certification, and o...
- S&P upgrades CEVA Logistics to BB- with positive outlook
- CEVA Logistics AG ("CEVA") announces that S&P Global Ratings ("S&P") has today upgraded the Group's long-term issuer rating to BB- with positive outlook. The upgrade by three notches is based on the deleveraging as a result of the IPO on SIX Swiss Exchange as well as the improvements in operating results.
This follows an upgrade of CEVA's corporate rating by four notches to B1 by Moody...
- Maersk Line expands presence in Canada and Europe with exclusive transatlantic
- Maersk Line today announced the expansion of its product portfolio between Europe’s Mediterranean region and Canada to cater for the growing demands of importers and exporters on both sides of the Atlantic.
The exclusive, fully Maersk Line-operated weekly service will be a five-vessel rotation stopping in Salerno and La Spezia (Italy), Fos-sur-Mer (France), Algeciras (Spain), Montreal and Halifax (Canada), and Vale...
- Yang Ming Inaugurates Depot in Surabaya
In view of the rapid growth of Southeast Asian market, Yang Ming has cooperated with Taiwan International Ports Corporation, Ltd. (TIPC) and Indonesian investors to set up a joint venture depot company named P T. FORMOSA SEJATI LOGISTICS in Surabaya, Indonesia. An opening ceremony was held on May 15...
- A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S begins 2018 with strong revenue growth however unsatisfactory earnings
In Q1 2018, A.P. Moller - Maersk had a revenue growth of 30% to USD 9.3bn, 10% excluding Hamburg Sud, with growth in all business segments and a strategic transformation well underway. A.P. Moller - Maersk reiterates its expectations for 2018 of an underlying profit above 2017 (USD 356m), however noting increase...
- First-quarter returns from the universal Port of Hamburg
In the first quarter of 2018, the Port of Hamburg achieved total throughput of 32.7 million tons (down 7.5 percent). In Hamburg this heading covers general cargo throughput of 22.7million tons (down 1.8 percent) and bulk cargo throughput of 10.0 million tons (down 18.2 percent). In the bulk cargo throughput segment, it was impossible to ...
- Yang Ming signs MoU with partners for establishing a joint venture
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. today(May, 10th) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Taiwan International Ports Corporation, Ltd.(TIPC), Tungya Transportation & Terminal Co., Ltd., Taiwan Navigation Co., Ltd., T.S. Lines Co., Ltd. and Chunghwa Post Co., Ltd. for the establishment of a joint venture holding company with the aim to deepen and extend the scope of cooperation between the six enterpris...
- New agreement sees Hacis expand into western PRD
- Hong Kong Air Cargo Industry Services Limited (Hacis) - the value-added logistics arm of Hactl - and Chu Kong Shipping Enterprises (Group) Company Limited (CKS) have entered into a strategic partnership covering the development of joint logistics activity throughout the western part of the Pearl River Delta (PRD).
The first project will be the opening of a new inland cargo depot in Zhuhai Free Trade Zone, ...