- Wan Hai Lines to Launch Indonesia to Singapore·Malaysia Service
- Wan Hai Lines is pleased to announce a new service string connects Indonesia to Singapore and Malaysia. The service which will be jointly operated with Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation is named The Strait- Java 1 (SJ1) Service with port callings at Port Klang-Singapore-Jakarta-Surabaya-Panjang-Jakarta-Port Klang on a 14 days round trip basis.
The maiden voyage is expected to call Port Klang on 20th...
- Yang Ming Upgrades Southeast Asia Service
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. (YM) will deploy two bigger container ships of 2,800TEU in its Southeast Asia Service (SEA service) effective from 20th April 2018 to provide customers with better service. The calling port rotation is Port Kelang-Singapore-Jakarta-Surabaya-Panjang-Jakarta-Port Kelang with a round voyage of 14 days.
In addition to SEA service, YM also provides CTI (China-To-Indonesia) ...
- NWSA container volumes decline post-Lunar New Year
- The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s total container volumes declined 9.6 percent in March 2018 compared to March 2017 for a total of 302,516 TEUs (20-foot equivalent units). Overall total year-to-date volumes are down 6.7 percent. Imports and exports declined 8.7 percent and 4.2 percent, respectively.
NWSA’s March volumes were negatively impacted as factories in China shut down production for the Lunar New Y...
- CMA CGM Announces an Agreement to Acquire a Stake in CEVA
- CMA CGM, a worldwide leading shipping company, announces it has reached an agreement to acquire an equity stake of nearly 25% of CEVA Logistics AG (“CEVA”), a global leading player in the logistics sector. CMA CGM has committed to subscribe for mandatory convertible securities of CEVA in an estimated amount between 380 and 450 million CHF.
These securities will be convertible into CEVA...
- Ice-Breaking LNG Carrier ‘Vladimir Rusanov’ for Yamal LNG Project Started the First Loading Operation
- TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. today announced that from March 27 to March 28 the first loading operation of the Ice-Breaking LNG Carrier Vladimir Rusanov, which was jointly ordered by MOL and China COSCO Shipping Corporation Limited (China COSCO Shipping), was conducted in the Yamal LNG plant at Sabetta port.
The vessel is the first of three newbuilding vessels for MOL and Chi...
- Yang Ming Sets Up Regional Center in the Mediterranean
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation has set up the new regional center in Mediterranean area named YANG MING (MEDITERRANEAN) MARINE SERVICES SINGLE-MEMBER LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY. The new company will start to provide services on 2nd April 2018 in Piraeus, Greece, and Mr. Ted Wu has officially been appointed as Managing Director for the fir...
- DHL eCommerce partners with SE-ED Book Center to provide greater choice
- DHL eCommerce, a division of the world‘s leading logistics company, Deutsche Post DHL Group, has partnered with SE-ED Book Center to provide greater choice and convenience for sellers and consumers in Thailand.
Through this partnership, ServicePoints will be available at 150 SE-ED Book Center locations in Bangkok and across the country; and will be rolled out at all 394 branches by this year. This ...
- MSC Improves Cargo Transit Between Seville and the Atlantic
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company, a global leader in transportation and logistics, is pleased to announce the launch of a new freight rail service between Seville, Spain, and the Atlantic, beginning 4 April 2018.
The service is expected to run daily between Seville’s inland maritime port - Puerto de Sevilla - and the major coastal port hub of Sines, Portugal, with a capacity of more than 100 TEU (twenty-foot e...
- New Wallenius Wilhelmsen group brands - building for the future
- The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group was created in April last year, when Wallenius of Sweden and Wilhelmsen of Norway combined ownership of their jointly owned companies and relevant assets. The company is now launching new brands in line with its new structure and strategy.
The former operating entity Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) has been restructured into two entities; one ocean transport company named Wallen...
- New Digital Platform for Rate-Management Solutions
- Hapag-Lloyd is the first liner shipping company to make it possible to digitally transfer contract data for its customers. To do so, Hapag-Lloyd has teamed up with the US-based company CargoSphere, which offers rate-management solutions to over 100 customers.
The new platform, known as the electronic Smart Upload and Diagnostics Solution (eSUDS), is a cloud-based online portal. At the customer’s request, Hapag-Llo...